Meaning of economic
Pronunciation: (ek"u-nom'ik, ē"ku-), [key]
- pertaining to the production, distribution, and use of income, wealth, and commodities.
- of or pertaining to the science of economics.
- pertaining to an economy, or system of organization or operation, esp. of the process of production.
- involving or pertaining to one's personal resources of money: to give up a large house for economic reasons.
- pertaining to use as a resource in the economy: economic entomology; economic botany.
- affecting or apt to affect the welfare of material resources: weevils and other economic pests.
- economic (Thesaurus)