Meaning of dwarf
Pronunciation: (dwôrf), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v. dwarfs, dwarves,
- a person of abnormally small stature owing to a pathological condition, esp. one suffering from cretinism or some other disease that produces disproportion or deformation of features and limbs.
- an animal or plant much smaller than the average of its kind or species.
- (in folklore) a being in the form of a small, often misshapen and ugly, man, usually having magic powers.
- of unusually small stature or size; diminutive.
- to cause to appear or seem small in size, extent, character, etc., as by being much larger or better: He dwarfed all his rivals in athletic ability.
- to make dwarf or dwarfish; prevent the due development of.
- to become stunted or smaller.
- dwarf (Thesaurus)