Meaning of doom
Pronunciation: (dm), [key]
- fate or destiny, esp. adverse fate; unavoidable ill fortune: In exile and poverty, he met his doom.
- ruin; death: to fall to one's doom.
- a judgment, decision, or sentence, esp. an unfavorable one: The judge pronounced the defendant's doom.
- the Last Judgment, at the end of the world.
- a statute, enactment, or legal judgment.
- to destine, esp. to an adverse fate.
- to pronounce judgment against; condemn.
- to ordain or fix as a sentence or fate.
- doom (Thesaurus)