domain: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dō-mān'), [key]
- a field of action, thought, influence, etc.: the domain of science.
- the territory governed by a single ruler or government; realm.
- a realm or range of personal knowledge, responsibility, etc.
- a region characterized by a specific feature, type of growth or wildlife, etc.: We entered the domain of the pine trees.
- land to which there is superior title and absolute ownership.
- the set of values assigned to the independent variables of a function.
- region (def. 11a).
- one of many regions of magnetic polarity within a ferromagnetic body, each consisting of a number of atoms having a common polarity, and collectively determining the magnetic properties of the body by their arrangement.
- a connected region with uniform polarization in a twinned ferroelectric crystal.
- domain (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.