dollar: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dol'ur), [key]
- a paper money, silver or cupronickel coin, and monetary unit of the United States, equal to 100 cents. Symbol: $
- a silver or nickel coin and monetary unit of Canada, equal to 100 cents. Symbol: $
- any of the monetary units of various other nations, as Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Fiji, Guyana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Singapore, the Solomon Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, and Zimbabwe, equal to 100 cents.
- Also calleda cupronickel coin and monetary unit of Brunei, equal to 100 sen.
- ringgit (def. 1).
- a thaler.
- a peso.
- yuan (def. 1).
- five-shilling piece; crown.
- the sum of five shillings.
- dollar (Thesaurus)