Meaning of disjunctive
Pronunciation: (dis-jungk'tiv), [key]
- serving or tending to disjoin; separating; dividing; distinguishing.
- syntactically setting two or more expressions in opposition to each other, as but in poor but happy, or expressing an alternative, as or in this or that.
- not syntactically dependent upon some particular expression.
- characterizing propositions that are disjunctions.
- (of a syllogism) containing at least one disjunctive proposition as a premise.
- a statement, course of action, etc., involving alternatives.
- disjunction (def. 2a).
- a disjunctive word.
- disjunctive (Thesaurus)