Meaning of disarm
Pronunciation: (dis-ärm'), [key]
- to deprive of a weapon or weapons.
- to remove the fuze or other actuating device from: to disarm a bomb.
- to deprive of the means of attack or defense: The lack of logic disarmed his argument.
- to divest or relieve of hostility, suspicion, etc.; win the affection or approval of; charm: His smile disarmed us.
- to lay down one's weapons.
- (of a country) to reduce or limit the size, equipment, armament, etc., of the army, navy, or air force.
- disarm (Thesaurus)