digger: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dig'ur), [key]
- a person or an animal that digs.
- a tool, part of a machine, etc., for digging.
- (cap.) Also calleda member of any of several Indian peoples of western North America, esp. of a tribe that dug roots for food.
- an Australian or New Zealand soldier of World War I.
- (cap.)a member of a group that advocated the abolition of private property and began in 1649 to cultivate certain common lands.
- a person hired by a scalper to buy tickets to a show or performance for resale by the scalper at inflated prices.
- digger (Thesaurus)