desolate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.des'u-litv.des'u-lāt&sec), [key]
— adj., v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
- barren or laid waste; devastated: a treeless, desolate landscape.
- deprived or destitute of inhabitants; deserted; uninhabited.
- solitary; lonely: a desolate place.
- having the feeling of being abandoned by friends or by hope; forlorn.
- dreary; dismal; gloomy: desolate prospects.
- to lay waste; devastate.
- to deprive of inhabitants; depopulate.
- to make disconsolate.
- to forsake or abandon.
- desolate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.