descriptive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-skrip'tiv), [key]
- having the quality of describing; characterized by description: a descriptive passage in an essay.
- Gram.(of an adjective or other modifier) expressing a quality of the word it modifies, as fresh in fresh milk. Cf. limiting.
- (of a clause) nonrestrictive. Cf. restrictive (def. 4).
- noting, concerned with, or based upon the fact or experience.
- characterized by or based upon the classification and description of material in a given field: descriptive botany.
- descriptive (Thesaurus)