Meaning of descendant
Pronunciation: (di-sen'dunt), [key]
- a person or animal that is descended from a specific ancestor; an offspring.
- something deriving in appearance, function, or general character from an earlier form.
- an adherent who follows closely the teachings, methods, practices, etc., of an earlier master, as in art, music, philosophy, etc.; disciple.
- the point opposite the ascendant.
- the point of the ecliptic or the sign and degree of the zodiac setting below the western horizon at the time of a birth or of an event.
- the cusp of the seventh house.
- descending; descendent.
- descendant (Thesaurus)