deliberate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.di-lib'ur-itv.di-lib'u-rāt&sec), [key]
— adj., v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- carefully weighed or considered; studied; intentional: a deliberate lie.
- characterized by deliberation; careful or slow in deciding: a deliberate decision.
- leisurely and steady in movement or action; slow and even; unhurried: a deliberate step.
- to weigh in the mind; consider: to deliberate a question.
- to think carefully or attentively; reflect: She deliberated for a long time before giving her decision.
- to consult or confer formally: The jury deliberated for three hours.
- deliberate (Thesaurus)