decision: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-sizh'un), [key]
- the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment: They must make a decision between these two contestants.
- the act of or need for making up one's mind: This is a difficult decision.
- something that is decided; resolution: He made a poor decision.
- a judgment, as one formally pronounced by a court.
- the quality of being decided; firmness: He spoke with decision.
- the final score in any sport or contest: The decision was 5 to 4 in favor of the home team.
- the awarding of a victory in a match not decided by a knockout or technical knockout, usually through a vote of the referee and judges.
- to win a victory over (one's opponent) by a point score rather than a knockout.
- decision (Thesaurus)