decide: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-sīd'), [key]
— v., -cid•ed, -cid•ing.
- to solve or conclude (a question, controversy, or struggle) by giving victory to one side: The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff.
- to determine or settle (something in dispute or doubt): to decide an argument.
- to bring (a person) to a decision; persuade or convince: The new evidence decided him.
- to settle something in dispute or doubt: The judge decided in favor of the plaintiff.
- to make a judgment or determine a preference; come to a conclusion.
- decide (Thesaurus)