deadly: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ded'lē), [key]
— adj., adv. -li•er, -li•est,
- causing or tending to cause death; fatal; lethal: a deadly poison.
- aiming to kill or destroy; implacable: a deadly enemy.
- like death: a deadly pallor.
- excruciatingly boring: The dinner party was absolutely deadly.
- excessive; inordinate: deadly haste.
- extremely accurate: Annie Oakley was a deadly shot.
- in a manner resembling or suggesting death: deadly pale.
- excessively; completely: deadly dull.
- deadly (Thesaurus)