Meaning of dart
Pronunciation: (därt), [key]
- a small, slender missile that is pointed at one end and usually feathered at the other and is propelled by hand, as in the game of darts, or by a blowgun when used as a weapon.
- something similar in function to such a missile, as the stinging member of an insect.
- a game in which darts are thrown at a target usually marked with concentric circles divided into segments and with a bull's-eye in the center.
- an act of darting; a sudden swift movement.
- a tapered seam of fabric for adjusting the fit of a garment.
- to move swiftly; spring or start suddenly and run swiftly: A mouse darted out of the closet and ran across the room.
- to thrust or move suddenly or rapidly: He darted his eyes around the room.
- dart (Thesaurus)