cutting: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kut'ing), [key]
- the act of a person or thing that cuts.
- something cut, cut off, or cut out.
- a piece, as a root, stem, or leaf, cut from a plant and used for propagation.
- something made by cutting, as a recording.
- a clipping from a newspaper, magazine, etc.
- a trenchlike excavation, esp. through a hill, as one made in constructing a highway.
- that cuts; penetrating or dividing by, or as if by, a cut.
- piercing, as a wind.
- wounding the feelings severely; sarcastic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.