cutaway: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kut'u-wā"), [key]
- Also calleda man's formal daytime coat having the front portion of the skirt cut away from the waist so as to curve or slope to the tails at the back.
- a switch from one scene to another for showing simultaneous or related action, creating suspense, etc.
- Also calledcut&prim;away shot&sec;.a shot that abruptly introduces content, scenery, etc., away from the central action.
- an illustration or scale model having the outer section removed to display the interior.
- having a part cut away, as an outer section of something being illustrated so that the inside may be shown.
- cutaway (Thesaurus)