Meaning of cusp
Pronunciation: (kusp), [key]
- a point or pointed end.
- a point, projection, or elevation, as on the crown of a tooth.
- Also calleda point where two branches of a curve meet, end, and are tangent.
- a decorative device, used esp. in Gothic architecture to vary the outlines of intradoses or to form architectural foils, consisting of a pair of curves tangent to the real or imaginary line defining the area decorated and meeting at a point within the area.
- a point of a crescent, esp. of the moon.
- the zodiacal degree that marks the beginning of a house or a sign.
- Informal.a person born on the first day of a sign.
- a point that marks the beginning of a change: on the cusp of a new era.
- cusp (Thesaurus)