curry: Meaning and Definition of
— n., pl. v., -ries, -ried, -ry•ing.
- a pungent dish of vegetables, onions, meat or fish, etc., flavored with various spices or curry powder, and often eaten with rice.
- any dish flavored with curry powder or the like: a lamb curry.
- to rebuke, discipline, or criticize; harass.
- to cook or flavor (food) with curry powder or a similar combination of spices: to curry eggs.
— -ried, -ry•ing.
- to rub and clean (a horse) with a currycomb.
- to dress (tanned hides) by soaking, scraping, beating, coloring, etc.
- to beat; thrash.
- to seek to advance oneself through flattery or fawning: His fellow workers despised him for currying favor with the boss.
- 1949–94, British figure skater.
- 1897–1946, U.S. painter.
- curry (Thesaurus)