Meaning of culminate
Pronunciation: (kul'mu-nāt"), [key]
— v., -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- to reach the highest point, summit, or highest development (usually fol. by in).
- to end or arrive at a final stage (usually fol. by in): The argument culminated in a fistfight.
- to rise to or form an apex; terminate (usually fol. by in): The tower culminates in a tall spire.
- (of a celestial body) to be on the meridian, or reach the highest or the lowest altitude.
- to bring to a close; complete; climax: A rock song culminates the performance.
- culminate (Thesaurus)