Meaning of cuckoo
Pronunciation: (k'k, kook'), [key]
— n., pl. v., adj. -oos, -ooed, -oo•ing,
- a common European bird, Cuculus canorus, of the family Cuculidae, noted for its characteristic call and its brood parasitism.
- any of several other birds of the family Cuculidae.
- the call of the cuckoo, or an imitation of it.
- a crazy, silly, or foolish person; simpleton.
- to utter the call of the cuckoo or an imitation of it.
- to repeat monotonously.
- crazy; silly; foolish.
- of, pertaining to, or like a cuckoo.
- cuckoo (Thesaurus)