crisis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krī'sis), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ses
- a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, esp. for better or for worse, is determined; turning point.
- a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change.
- a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.
- the point in the course of a serious disease at which a decisive change occurs, leading either to recovery or to death.
- the change itself.
- the point in a play or story at which hostile elements are most tensely opposed to each other.
- of, referring to, or for use in dealing with a crisis.
- crisis (Thesaurus)