Meaning of creature
Pronunciation: (krē'chur), [key]
- an animal, esp. a nonhuman: the creatures of the woods and fields; a creature from outer space.
- anything created, whether animate or inanimate.
- person; human being: She is a charming creature. The driver of a bus is sometimes an irritable creature.
- an animate being.
- a person whose position or fortune is owed to someone or something and who continues under the control or influence of that person or thing: The cardinal was a creature of Louis XI.
- intoxicating liquor, esp. whiskey (usually prec. by the): He drinks a bit of the creature before bedtime.
- creature (Thesaurus)