Meaning of cousin
Pronunciation: (kuz'un), [key]
- Also calledthe son or daughter of an uncle or aunt.
- one related by descent in a diverging line from a known common ancestor, as from one's grandparent or from one's father's or mother's sister or brother.
- a kinsman or kinswoman; relative.
- a person or thing related to another by similar natures, languages, geographical proximity, etc.: Our Canadian cousins are a friendly people.
- a gullible, innocent person who is easily duped or taken advantage of.
- a term of address used by a sovereign in speaking, writing, or referring to another sovereign or a high-ranking noble.
Pronunciation: (k-zan'), [key]
- 1792–1867, French philosopher and educational reformer: founder of the method of eclecticism in French philosophy.
- cousin (Thesaurus)