counselor: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (koun'su-lur), [key]
- a person who counsels; adviser.
- a faculty member who advises students on personal and academic problems, career choices, and the like.
- an assistant at a children's camp, often a high-school or college student, who supervises a group of children or directs a particular activity, as nature study or a sport.
- a lawyer, esp. a trial lawyer; counselor-at-law.
- an official of an embassy or legation who ranks below an ambassador or minister.
- counselor (Thesaurus)