corrupt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ku-rupt'), [key]
- guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
- debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil: a corrupt society.
- made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
- infected; tainted.
- decayed; putrid.
- to destroy the integrity of; cause to be dishonest, disloyal, etc., esp. by bribery.
- to lower morally; pervert: to corrupt youth.
- to alter (a language, text, etc.) for the worse; debase.
- to mar; spoil.
- to infect; taint.
- to make putrid or putrescent.
- to subject (an attainted person) to corruption of blood.
- to become corrupt.
- corrupt (Thesaurus)