Meaning of cornet
Pronunciation: (kôr-net' for 1 kôr'nit, kôr-net' for 2–8), [key]
- a valved wind instrument of the trumpet family.
- a small cone of paper twisted at the end and used for holding candy, nuts, etc.
- a pastry cone, usually filled with whipped cream.
- a conical wafer, as for ice cream; cone.
- a large, white, winged headdress formerly worn by the members of the Sisters of Charity.
- a woman's headdress, often cone-shaped, usually of delicate fabrics and having lappets of lace or other material, worn by women from the 14th to the 18th century.
- a pennant or flag used for signaling in a navy.
- (formerly) the officer who carried the colors in a troop of cavalry: the cornet of horse.
- cornet (Thesaurus)