Meaning of copulative
Pronunciation: (kop'yu-lā"tiv, -lu-tiv), [key]
- serving to unite or couple.
- a copulative sentence.
- involving or consisting of connected words or clauses:a copulative sentence.
- pertaining to or serving as a copula; serving to connect subject and complement:a copulative verb.
- serving to connect nouns, noun phrases, verbs, clauses, etc.:a copulative conjunction.
- of the dvandva type: Bittersweet is a copulative compound.
- of or pertaining to sexual intercourse.
- a copulative word.
- copulative (Thesaurus)