Meaning of cooperative
Pronunciation: (kō-op'ur-u-tiv, -op'ru-tiv, -op'u-rā"tiv), [key]
- working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- demonstrating a willingness to cooperate: The librarian was cooperative in helping us find the book.
- pertaining to economic cooperation: a cooperative business.
- involving or denoting an educational program comprising both classroom study and on-the-job or technical training, esp. in colleges and universities.
- a jointly owned enterprise engaging in the production or distribution of goods or the supplying of services, operated by its members for their mutual benefit, typically organized by consumers or farmers.
- Also called
- a building owned and managed by a corporation in which shares are sold, entitling the shareholders to occupy individual units in the building.
- an apartment in such a building. Cf. condominium (defs. 1, 2).
- cooperative (Thesaurus)