convocation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon"vu-kā'shun), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the act of convoking.
- the state of being convoked.
- a group of people gathered in answer to a summons; assembly.
- either of the two provincial synods or assemblies of the clergy.
- an assembly of the clergy of part of a diocese.
- the area represented at such an assembly.
- a formal assembly at a college or university, esp. for a graduation ceremony.