Meaning of contribute
Pronunciation: (kun-trib'yt), [key]
— v., -ut•ed, -ut•ing.
- to give (money, time, knowledge, assistance, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc., as for charitable purposes.
- to furnish (an original written work, drawing, etc.) for publication: to contribute stories to a magazine.
- to give (money, food, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc.: He contributes to many charities.
- to furnish works for publication: He contributed to many magazines.
- to be an important factor in; help to cause: A sudden downpour contributed to the traffic jam.
- contribute (Thesaurus)