content: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon'tent), [key]
- Usually, the contents of a box.
- something that is contained:the contents of a box.
- the subjects or topics covered in a book or document.
- the chapters or other formal divisions of a book or document:a table of contents.
- something that is to be expressed through some medium, as speech, writing, or any of various arts: a poetic form adequate to a poetic content.
- significance or profundity; meaning: a clever play that lacks content.
- that which may be perceived in something: the latent versus the manifest content of a dream.
- the sum of the attributes or notions comprised in a given conception; the substance or matter of cognition.
- power of containing; holding capacity: The bowl's content is three quarts.
- volume, area, or extent; size.
- the amount contained.
- the system of meanings or semantic values specific to a language (opposed to expression).
- Math.the greatest common divisor of all the coefficients of a given polynomial. Cf. primitive polynomial.
- any abstraction of the concept of length, area, or volume.
Pronunciation: (kun-tent'), [key]
- satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.
- agreeing; assenting.
- to make content: These things content me.
- the state or feeling of being contented; contentment: His content was threatened.
- (in the British House of Lords) an affirmative vote or voter.
- content (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.