contact: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon'takt), [key]
- the act or state of touching; a touching or meeting, as of two things or people.
- immediate proximity or association.
- an acquaintance, colleague, or relative through whom a person can gain access to information, favors, influential people, and the like.
- a junction of electric conductors, usually metal, that controls current flow, often completing or interrupting a circuit.
- the interface, generally a planar surface, between strata that differ in lithology or age.
- a person who has lately been exposed to an infected person.
- a condition in which two or more individuals or groups are placed in communication with each other. Cf. categoric contact, primary contact, secondary contact, sympathetic contact.
- to put or bring into contact.
- to communicate with: We'll contact you by mail or telephone.
- to enter into or be in contact.
- involving or produced by touching or proximity: contact allergy.
- contact (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.