Meaning of consummate
Pronunciation: (v.kon'su-māt"adj.kun-sum'it, kon'su-mit), [key]
— v., adj. -mat•ed, -mat•ing,
- to bring to a state of perfection; fulfill.
- to complete (an arrangement, agreement, or the like) by a pledge or the signing of a contract: The company consummated its deal to buy a smaller firm.
- to complete (the union of a marriage) by the first marital sexual intercourse.
- complete or perfect; supremely skilled; superb: a consummate master of the violin.
- being of the highest or most extreme degree: a work of consummate skill; an act of consummate savagery.
- consummate (Thesaurus)