constellation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon"stu-lā'shun), [key]
- any of various groups of stars to which definite names have been given, as Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Boötes, Cancer, Orion.
- the section of the heavens occupied by such a group.
- the grouping or relative position of the stars as supposed to influence events, esp. at a person's birth.
- Obs.character as presumed to be determined by the stars.
- a group or configuration of ideas, feelings, characteristics, objects, etc., that are related in some way: a constellation of qualities that made her particularly suited to the job.
- any brilliant, outstanding group or assemblage: a constellation of great scientists.
- constellation (Thesaurus)