Meaning of consonance
Pronunciation: (kon'su-nuns), [key]
- accord or agreement.
- correspondence of sounds; harmony of sounds.
- a simultaneous combination of tones conventionally accepted as being in a state of repose. Cf. dissonance (def. 2). See illus. under
- the correspondence of consonants, esp. those at the end of a word, in a passage of prose or verse. Cf. alliteration (def. 1).
- the use of the repetition of consonants or consonant patterns as a rhyming device.
- the property of two sounds the frequencies of which have a ratio equal to a small whole number.
- consonance (Thesaurus)