Meaning of consign
Pronunciation: (kun-sīn'), [key]
- to hand over or deliver formally or officially; commit (often fol. by to).
- to transfer to another's custody or charge; entrust.
- to set apart for or devote to (a special purpose or use): to consign two afternoons a week to the club.
- to banish or set apart in one's mind; relegate: to consign unpleasant thoughts to oblivion.
- to ship, as by common carrier, esp. for sale or custody.
- to address for such shipment.
- to confirm or ratify, as with a seal or other token.
- to agree or assent.
- to yield or submit.
- consign (Thesaurus)