Meaning of consideration
Pronunciation: (kun-sid"u-rā'shun), [key]
- the act of considering; careful thought; meditation; deliberation: I will give your project full consideration.
- something that is or is to be kept in mind in making a decision, evaluating facts, etc.: Age was an important consideration in the decision.
- thoughtful or sympathetic regard or respect; thoughtfulness for others: They showed no consideration for his feelings.
- a thought or reflection; an opinion based upon reflection.
- a recompense or payment, as for work done; compensation.
- importance or consequence.
- estimation; esteem: He is held in great consideration by the community.
- something that suffices to make an informal promise legally binding, usually some value given in exchange for the promise.
- the hearing of a case by a tribunal.
- She was offered money in consideration of her efforts.
- in view of.
- in return or recompense for:She was offered money in consideration of her efforts.
- to take into account; consider: We failed to take into consideration the large number of tourists attending the exhibition.
- consideration (Thesaurus)