Meaning of consent
Pronunciation: (kun-sent'), [key]
- to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often fol. by to or an infinitive): He consented to the proposal. We asked her permission, and she consented.
- to agree in sentiment, opinion, etc.; be in harmony.
- permission, approval, or agreement; compliance; acquiescence: He gave his consent to the marriage.
- agreement in sentiment, opinion, a course of action, etc.: By common consent he was appointed official delegate.
- accord; concord; harmony.
- consent (Thesaurus)