Meaning of conquer
Pronunciation: (kong'kur), [key]
- to acquire by force of arms; win in war: to conquer a foreign land.
- to overcome by force; subdue: to conquer an enemy.
- to gain, win, or obtain by effort, personal appeal, etc.: conquer the hearts of his audience.
- to gain a victory over; surmount; master; overcome: to conquer disease and poverty; to conquer one's fear.
- to be victorious; make conquests; gain the victory: Despite their differences, their love will conquer.
- conquer (Thesaurus)