conjunct: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.kun-jungkt', kon'jungktn.kon'jungkt), [key]
- bound in close association; conjoined; combined; united: conjunct ideas; conjunct influences.
- formed by conjunction.
- occurring only in combination with an immediately preceding or following form of a particular class, and constituting with this form a single phonetic unit, as 'll in English he'll, and n't in isn't.
- (of a pronoun) having enclitic or proclitic form and occurring with a verb, as French me, le, se.
- pertaining to a word so characterized.
- progressing melodically by intervals of a second: conjunct motion of an ascending scale.
- either of the propositions in a conjunction.
- a conjunctive adverb.
- conjunct (Thesaurus)