conflict: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.kun-flikt'n.kon'flikt), [key]
- to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash: The account of one eyewitness conflicted with that of the other. My class conflicts with my going to the concert.
- to fight or contend; do battle.
- a fight, battle, or struggle, esp. a prolonged struggle; strife.
- controversy; quarrel: conflicts between parties.
- discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles: a conflict of ideas.
- a striking together; collision.
- incompatibility or interference, as of one idea, desire, event, or activity with another: a conflict in the schedule.
- a mental struggle arising from opposing demands or impulses.
- conflict (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.