Meaning of confession
Pronunciation: (kun-fesh'un), [key]
- acknowledgment; avowal; admission: a confession of incompetence.
- acknowledgment or disclosure of sin or sinfulness, esp. to a priest to obtain absolution.
- something that is confessed.
- a formal, usually written, acknowledgment of guilt by a person accused of a crime.
- Also calleda formal profession of belief and acceptance of doctrines, as before being admitted to church membership.
- the tomb of a martyr or confessor or the altar or shrine connected with it.
- confession (Thesaurus)