concord: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kon'kôrd, kong'-), [key]
- agreement between persons, groups, nations, etc.; concurrence in attitudes, feelings, etc.; unanimity; accord: There was complete concord among the delegates.
- agreement between things; mutual fitness; harmony.
- agreement (def. 6).
- peace; amity.
- a treaty; compact; covenant.
- a stable, harmonious combination of tones; a chord requiring no resolution.
Pronunciation: (kong'kurd for 1, 2, 5, 6 kon'kôrd, kong'- for 3, 4 for 5, 6 also kon'kôrd, kong'-), [key]
- a town in E Massachusetts, NW of Boston: second battle of the Revolution fought here April 19, 1775. 16,293.
- a city in W California, near San Francisco. 103,251.
- a city in and the capital of New Hampshire, in the S part. 30,400.
- a city in central North Carolina. 16,942.
- a sweet red wine with a strong grapelike taste, made from the Concord grape.
- concord (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.