commend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ku-mend'), [key]
- to present, mention, or praise as worthy of confidence, notice, kindness, etc.; recommend: to commend a friend to another; to commend an applicant for employment.
- to entrust; give in charge; deliver with confidence: I commend my child to your care.
- to cite or name with approval or special praise: to commend a soldier for bravery.
- to place (oneself or one's land) under another's protection so as to become his vassal.
- to recommend (a person) to the kind remembrance of another.
- commend (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.