clue: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kl), [key]
— n., v., clued, clu•ing.
- anything that serves to guide or direct in the solution of a problem, mystery, etc.
- clew (defs. 1–4, 6, 7).
- to direct or point out by a clue.
- clew (def. 8).
- Clue us in on how these forms are to be filled out.
- to provide with useful or reliable information:Clue us in on how these forms are to be filled out.
- to make familiar or aware:Has she been clued in about the rules of this office?
- clue (Thesaurus)