Meaning of clipper
Pronunciation: (klip'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that clips or cuts.
- Often, a cutting tool, esp. shears: hedge clippers.
- Usually, a mechanical or electric tool for cutting hair, fingernails, or the like: He told the barber, “No clippers on the sides, please.”
- Also calleda sailing ship built and rigged for speed, esp. a type of three-masted ship with a fast hull form and a lofty rig, built in the U.S. from c1845, and in Great Britain from a later date, until c1870, and used in trades in which speed was more important than cargo capacity.
- a device that gives output only for an input above or below a certain critical value.
- a person or thing that moves along swiftly.
- clipper (Thesaurus)