Meaning of Clinton
Pronunciation: (klin'tn), [key]
- 1769–1828, U.S. political leader and statesman: governor of New York 1817–21, 1825–28 (son of James Clinton).
- 1739–1812, governor of New York 1777–95, 1801–04: vice president of the U.S. 1805–12.
- 1738?–95, commander in chief of the British forces in the American Revolutionary War.
- born 1947, U.S. attorney and social reformer (wife of William J. Clinton).
- 1733–1812, American general in the Revolutionary War (brother of George Clinton).
- (Bill), born 1946, 42nd president of the U.S. since 1993.
- a city in E Iowa, on the Mississippi River. 32,828.
- a city in central Maryland. 16,438.
- a town in W Mississippi. 14,660.
- a city in central Massachusetts. 12,771.
- a town in S Connecticut. 11,195.
- a male given name.
- clinton (Thesaurus)