client: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (klī'unt), [key]
- a person or group that uses the professional advice or services of a lawyer, accountant, advertising agency, architect, etc.
- a person who is receiving the benefits, services, etc., of a social welfare agency, a government bureau, etc.
- a customer.
- anyone under the patronage of another; a dependent.
- a workstation on a network that gains access to central data files, programs, and peripheral devices through a server.
- (in ancient Rome) a plebeian who lived under the patronage of a patrician.
- being a regular customer: a client company.
- economically, and often militarily, dependent upon a more prosperous, more powerful nation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.